Agriculture and Life Sciences Research Institute, Kangwon National University1
Department of Horticulture, Kangwon National University2
Gangwon Provincial Agricultural Research and Extension Services3
For wine production in Gangwon Province to be possible, the agricultural industry and grape farmers in Gangwon Province must transition to achieve competitiveness. Hence, it is necessary for Gangwon Province to attempt to produce ice wine. As such, we suggest that the Gangwon Province must first determine if the production of high-quality ice wine is possible by conducting a pilot project. If the pilot study yields positive results, Gangwon Province should attempt to produce ice wine. In addition, the local government will need to provide institutional and financial strategies that will enable grape farms to join the ice wine production complex, as well as construct efficient ice wine production and distribution systems. Furthermore, the local government should have representatives in the ice wine production complex. These processes are necessary for successful ice wine production in Gangwon Province.
1. Bang, J. S., Jun, J. H. (2005) A study on wine preference by wine consumer classification. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research. 11:1-16.
2. Bowen, A. J., Reynolds, A. G., Lesschaeve, I. (2016) Harvest date and crop level influence sensory and chemical profiles of Ontario Vidal blanc and Riesling icewines. Food Res Int. 89:591-603.
3. Heo, J. Y. , Park, K. S., Yun, H. K., Park, S. M. (2007) Degree of abortion and germination percentage in seeds derived from interploid crosses between diploid and tetraploid grape cultivars. Hort. Environ. Biotechnol. 48:115-121.
4. Heo, J. Y., Park, S. M. (2015) Breeding of a new triploid seedless table grape cultivar ‘Paradise’. J Am Pomol Soc. 69:170-172.
5. Heo, J. Y., Park, S. M. (2016) Variation in fruit characteristics of 3x progenies obtained from a cross between 4x and 2x grape cultivars. Korean J. Hortic. Sci. Technol. 34:761-770.
6. Heo, J. Y., Um, N. Y., Jeong, S. T., Park, Y. S. (2016) Quality characteristics of red wine from ‘Cheongsan (Vitis amurensis)’ grape cultivar. J. Korean Soc. Int. Agric. 28:237-242.
7. Jeon, E. J., Kim, J. S. (2014) Fermentation characteristics of ice wines prepared with freeze-dried Muscat Bailey A grapes. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 46:173-179.
8. Jeong, H. W. (2016) Forecasting of Korean wine market, wine21.com.
9. Jeong, S. K. (2014) Current status and competitiveness improvement of Korean wine industry. Korean Rural Economic Institute, Seoul.
10. Korean Statistics Information Service (2015) Agricultural Monitoring Service. Agricultural Outlook Center, Korea.
11. Lee, B. O. (2014) Development strategies for the agricultural business diversification and integration in Gangwon province. J Agri & Enviro Sci. 26:50-61.
12. Ostapenko, V., Tkachenko, O., Iukuridze, E. (2016) Analysis of market current state and historical roots of ice wine production. TAPR. 3(31):46-53.
13. Park, Y. S., Heo, J. Y., Kim, I. J., Heo, S. J., Kim, K. H., Jeong, B. C., Park, S. M. (2005a) Growth and fruit characteristics of Vitis amurensis Rupr. collected in Gangwondo. Kor. J. Medicinal Crop Sci. 13:226-233.
14. Park, Y. S., Kim, I. J., Jeong, B. C., Heo, J. Y., Park, S. M. (2005b) Pollen characteristics of flower type and cross compatibility with table grape in Vitis amurensis Rupr. Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci. 13:234-240.
15. Park, Y. S., Kim, I. J., Heo, J. Y., Jeong, B. C., Choi, I. M., Park, S. M. (2007) Identification of Gaeryangmeoru (Vitis sp.)'s origin using isozyme analysis. Hort. Environ. Biotechnol. 48:404-407.
16. Park, Y. S., Heo, J. Y., Um, N. Y., Bang, S. B., Park, S. M. (2015a) Growth and fruit characteristics of hypo-, hyper-tetraploid grapes. Korean J Breed Sci. 47:192-198.
17. Park, Y. S., Heo, J. Y., Um, N. Y., Bang, S. B., Park, S. M. (2015b) A seedless table grape variety with high quality and large berries, ‘Sweet Dream’. Korean. J. Breed. Sci. 47:421-424.
18. Park, Y. S., Heo, J. Y., Um, N. Y., Hong, D. K., Park, S. M. (2015c) Development of a new wine grape cultivar 'Cheongpung'. J Am Pomol Soc. 69:222-225.
19. Park, Y. S., Heo, J. Y., Park, S. M. (2016a) Production of hypo-and hypertetraploid seedlings from open-, self-, and cross-Pollinated hypo-and hypertetraploid grape. Korean J. Hortic. Sci. Technol. 34:771-778.
20. Park, Y. S., Heo, J. Y., Um, N. Y., Bang, S. B., Park, S. M. (2016b) Development of ‘Green King’, a green tetraploid grape cultivar with large berries. Korean J Breed Sci. 48:173-177.
21. Yang, J. I., Lee, J. H., Hwang, D. Y. (2014) Empirical study on the activation plan for 6 industrialization of rural agicultural resources : Focus on the field experts and the complementary demand. J Kor Soc Rural Plan. 20:111-120.
22. Yu, W. K., Kwon, I., Choi, H. Y. (2014) A strategic industrial development plan for Gangwon province using input-output analysis. J ind Econ & Bus. 27:2533-2557.